Maximizing the flow of your construction projects
Mis à jour : 19 juil. 2019
Yesterday’s post discussed what generating customer value meant for a construction project. Lean Construction is also about maximizing the flow. But what do we mean by that?
• Maximize the value-added activities and making the most out of the accessory activities;
• Working on eliminating the 8 wastes;
• Making the worksite safe;
• Removing any silos to create a rhythm to the project by setting takt time - Optimize the
whole and not parts;
• Collaborate, communicate and have the information available when needed with best
practice project management
• Having the right material, equipment and resources available when its needed – using
just-in-time pull and not a push;
• Integration of the entire supply chain;
• Create a Lean culture of first-time right by having a robust quality management system;
• Creating efficient processes and standard on how things are done and making it
available while continuously improving it.